The Comstock Review
2020 Chapbook Contest
Accepting submission from Aug 1st to Oct. 31st
(no extensions of closing date)
First Prize: $1,000 plus publication and 50 author’s copies.
Entry Fee: $30 +$2.50 internet fees per chapbook
(includes copy of winning chapbook)
New Guideline: The poet must not have already WON a previous chapbook contest in The Comstock Review.
1. Submissions must be unpublished as a collection, but individual poems may have been previously published in journals.
2. Will consider simultaneous submissions as long as the poet notifies us immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
3. Submit 25-34 pages of poetry, single-spaced (1 page=38 lines maximum, including spacing between lines;
poems may run longer than 1 page). Manuscripts either too short or too long will be disqualified.
4. Do not count title page, table of contents, acknowledgments, dedication, or bio in the page length.
5. Do not send illustrations, photos, or any other graphics attached to the poems.
6. Manuscripts should be paginated.Manuscript cover page should be title only.
COVER PAGE INFORMATION (mss title, poet name, address, phone number, and e-mail address and acknowledgements) should ONLY be included in the cover letter. Poet’s name should not appear on any mss poems.
7. Judging is done without any reference to the poet’s name. All entries are screened by the editors of The Comstock Review.
Final Judge for 2020 will be our editor, Mike McAnaney
Winner is notified by December.
Winning chapbooks are saddle-stitched, and available at $12.00 per copy.
For ordering details, email email@example.com.