The Comstock Writers Group 2016 Chapbook Contest
Accepting submission from Aug 1st to Oct. 31st
(no extension of deadline)
First Prize: $1,000 plus publication and 50 author’s copies.
Entry Fee: $30 per chapbook plus $2.50 internet fees
(includes copy of winning chapbook)
NEW GUIDELINE: The poet must not have already WON a previous chapbook contest in The Comstock Review.
1. Submissions must be unpublished as a collection, but individual poems may have been previously published in journals.
2. Will consider simultaneous submissions as long as the poet notifies us immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
3. Submit 25-34 pages of poetry, single-spaced (1 page=38 lines maximum, including spacing between lines;
poems may run longer than 1 page). Manuscripts either too short or too long will be disqualified.
4. Do not count title page, table of contents, acknowledgments, dedication, or bio in the page length.
5. Do not send illustrations, photos, or any other graphics attached to the poems.
6. Judging is done without any reference to the poet’s name. All entries are screened by the editors of The Comstock Review.
7. Include cover page in your cover letter: Include mss title, poet’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address; mss title only should be included with full manuscript. Also list acknowledgements only in the cover letter.
Poet’s name should not appear on poems.
FINAL JUDGE for 2016 will be Michael A. Sickler
Winner is notified in December.
Winning chapbooks are saddle-stitched, and available at $12.00 per copy.
For ordering details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.