THE COMSTOCK REVIEW
outstanding poetry since 1986
Don't miss it.
Own your own copy of ted Kooser's latest chapbook, AT HOME, while supporting the Comstock Review as well. $12 plus online fees.
If you need to order several copies, do it by mail. You will save on internet costs!
Subscriptions are our life blood. We have no other grant support or advertisers. We are purely poets supporting poets. What could be better.
The Jessie Bryce Niles
2017 Chapbook Contest
Accepting submission from Aug 1st to Oct. 31st
(no extensions of closing date)
First Prize: $1,000 plus publication and 50 author’s copies.
Entry Fee: $30 +$2.50 internet fees per chapbook
(includes copy of winning chapbook)
New Guideline: The poet must not have already WON a previous chapbook contest in The Comstock Review.
1. Submissions must be unpublished as a collection, but individual poems may have been previously published in journals.
2. Will consider simultaneous submissions as long as the poet notifies us immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
3. Submit 25-34 pages of poetry, single-spaced (1 page=38 lines maximum, including spacing between lines;
poems may run longer than 1 page). Manuscripts either too short or too long will be disqualified.
4. Do not count title page, table of contents, acknowledgments, dedication, or bio in the page length.
5. Do not send illustrations, photos, or any other graphics attached to the poems.
6. Manuscripts should be paginated.Manuscript cover page should be title only.
COVER PAGE INFORMATION (mss title, poet name, address, phone number, and e-mail address) should be included in the cover letter.
Poet’s name should not appear on mss poems.
7. Judging is done without any reference to the poet’s name. All entries are screened by the editors of The Comstock Review.
Final Judge for 2017 will be Kathleen Bryce Niles-Overton
Winner is notified in December.
Winning chapbooks are saddle-stitched, and available at $12.00 per copy.
For ordering details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.